Saturday, May 26, 2007

Love & Respect


Lately, I have been reading an eye-opening book called Love and Respect. It is written by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. It examines what the Bible has to say in ("Each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband." Ephesians 5:33) and gives a "new" approach to how married couples relate to each other. This isn't really a new approach. Hello, God gave it to us 2000 years ago. It is obvious that we haven't taken this type of approach in most of our studies on how men and women relate to each other. I was a little sceptical at first about some of the ideas and I thought that I had read all there was to read about marriage relationships and I didn't think I was going to find anything new in this book. Wow, I was wrong! I highly recommend this book for any and ALL couples that have a desire to better their marriage relationship. This book has changed the way I look at my marriage relationship. I hope that my relationship will get better and better and that I will be able to apply more biblical principles to my marriage.

No comments: